Stop 7B BSOD on 299X WU8 Gigabyte out of ideas

Reaction score
I have the 299X WU8 motherboard. I had WIndows running on there without any problems. Then I started getting the BSOD with Stop 7B. I have two copies to work with and created a 3rd from my backup.

I can take this drive out and plug it into the Asus I7 computer and it will boot up find the new devices and work.

I can take that drive back over to the 299 x and BSOD

I can even make a new Win 7 on a clean drive and it will work over there but once I move it it BSOD

I am guessing a BIOS setting? I am out of ideas please help

Reaction score
So far no responses but I figured I'd share what I found so far..
Ok, I did some research on my issue and here is where I need some help. I found you switch over to AHCI ( I had to since this board does not have IDE or SATA option), it will generate a 7b fault. This is simular to WinXp when you moved it to another machine you had to delete the had disk controller and have windows find it again in the new computer. I found several procedures where you edit the registry \Services\PCiide and \masahci or lastorV values. I found the masahci but mine did not have the values listed. Does anyone know more about this? Is there another controller that could be doing this?

Ask a Question