SOLVED Wallpaper issue

Reaction score
When even I apply a wallpaper myself, it has a white line from top to bottom. It's a very thin line, but it's still a line. If I use a theme from the internet or one pre-installed, everything looks just fine, but for whatever reason it does this for any wallpaper I apply myself.

Any ideas?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi mattweed9

Have you set your display settings correctly ? Control Panel > Display

If you use a graphics card are you using the latest drivers ?

Reaction score
LOL, yeah, but I will check it again just to make sure. I just thought it was odd it only does when I apply a background myself. If I use a theme, it doesn't show it. I was worried the first time, thought my LCD was going out.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
LOL, if it was your LCD was going out it would show all the time old son ;), check the res of the Wallpaper your installing against the res of a Theme Wallpaper that does not show this line.

Reaction score
Okay I will do that. I have a wide screen laptop, it's set to 1366x768 by defualt. That's the same size of the wallpapers I am using, but I will check out the res and see what the difference is.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks Veedaz, I check the res the themes were using, and it's 1280x 800. A copule of them at least. So I found a image with that res, set it to my back ground, selected the stretch to fit option, and Viola! The one stripe is no more.

Thanks again,
Matt Weed.

Ask a Question