SOLVED Unable to place Windows Explorer icon on my task bar

Reaction score
All of a sudden I can not place the Windows Explorer icon on m Task bar. I right clicked the Start button and clicked Properties, then on the Task bar tab Task bar I unchecked Lock the task bar. I have an icon for Internet Explorer on my task bar. What do I need to do place an icon for Windows Explorer on my task bar?

KCav

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Find Windows Explorer in your Start Menu Accessories & RIGHT-click. There should be an option to Pin to Task Bar in the menu

Reaction score
Find Windows Explorer in your Start Menu Accessories & RIGHT-click. There should be an option to Pin to Task Bar in the menu
Windows Explorer is not in Accessories on my Start Menu. I looked through Program Files and Program Files 86 on my System partition it's not there, and I ran CCleaner, Tools didn't find it, however when I click on the Computer icon on my Start menu it opens Windows Explorer.

What should I do?

KCav

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
type "windows explorer" into the start-search box & see if it appears in the results up top. If so then right-click over it in the results and add it to the Task bar

Of course you can always just RIGHT-click on the start orb & Windows Explorer is right there as well

Reaction score
type "windows explorer" into the start-search box & see if it appears in the results up top. If so then right-click over it in the results and add it to the Task bar
I typed Windows Explorer into Start - Search box and Windows Explorer did not pop-up.

KCav

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Create a shortcut...
type in the location:
%windir%\explorer.exe
type in the name:
Windows Explorer

Reaction score
TrainableMan,

I have a Windows Explorer icon on my Taskbar once again. Thank you.

KCav

Ask a Question