taking long time to establish network connection

Reaction score
hi,I am facing an internet connection issue after windows boot,There is delay about 90 seconds.sometimes around 2 minutes between reaching the desktop(when desktop appears&the network icon start spinning) & finally establishing network connection.
I tried several solutions found in the net but nothing worked,Finally I narrowed it down to the Avira Free antivirus. I thoroughly uninstalled Avira(though i should have tested in Safe Mode first)& network connection is immediate.
FYI I did not instalL Microsoft Security Essentials.
Is there any work around or solution so that Avira does not conflict with network connection & causing delay.Or can anyone who had faced the same problem recommend another antivirus.
Since its a free version Avira does not offer technical support.
Would appreciate if someone can help solve this matter.Thanks.
Specifications:Motherboard:Intel DG43NB
Processor:Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad Cpu Q8200 @2.33Ghz
Ram:4GB
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit
Network Adapter:Intel(R)82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection

Reaction score
hi,I am facing an internet connection issue after windows boot,There is delay about 90 seconds.sometimes around 2 minutes between reaching the desktop(when desktop appears&the network icon start spinning) & finally establishing network connection.
I tried several solutions found in the net but nothing worked,Finally I narrowed it down to the Avira Free antivirus. I thoroughly uninstalled Avira(though i should have tested in Safe Mode first)& network connection is immediate.
FYI I did not instalL Microsoft Security Essentials.
Is there any work around or solution so that Avira does not conflict with network connection & causing delay.Or can anyone who had faced the same problem recommend another antivirus.
Since its a free version Avira does not offer technical support.
Would appreciate if someone can help solve this matter.Thanks.
Specifications:Motherboard:Intel DG43NB
Processor:Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad Cpu Q8200 @2.33Ghz
Ram:4GB
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit
Network Adapter:Intel(R)82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Check with your internet provider. They may have put a temporary block on the server because of Avira-- that happened to me. One quick call to the provider, and it took 5 seconds for them to remove the block.

Ask a Question