New SSD and My pc won't recognize extra space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Forgive me if there is a thread already, please refer me if so. I just replaced a 64gb SSD (my C: drive) with a 500gb SSD. My computer still shows the 64gb SSD (not even installed) but boots from the 500gb SSD that is installed. The install was accomplished with the included Samsung (came with SSD) software for cloning the old SSD to new SSD. Then after a series of issues including several bios resets, a pc repair shop a bios reinstall and a boot disk, the pc finally booted again. (There is more to this story too if you want an explanation) The big issue now is that after replacing the 64 with a 500 I still have no more available space to install my programs.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Type diskmgmt.msc in the start orb -> search box and run the program it finds. Post a screen capture of the result, especially the part at the bottom that shows your SDD so we can see it.

Reaction score
It has to be recognized in the bios before going any further. Change power, sata cables and sata ports and report back.

Reaction score
Press Win+R, and type diskmgmt.msc. right click on the system partition(C: drive), and select "Extend Volume" and follow the wizard. Then you shall have all the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question