(Former) Mac Geek

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here but something tells me I'll be picking everyone's brains pretty frequently. I am a self proclaimed "Mac Geek" but I have recently fallen for Windows 7 (shhh don't tell). I decided to sell my iMac (the former love of my technical life) and purchase a new laptop with Windows 7. I had purchased an identical laptop for my hubby a few months ago and I quickly found W7 to be an impressive experience from Microsoft (something I refused to admit could have existed prior LOL).

The more I poke around in the OS, especially now that I have my own lappy with it, the more I find myself having to Google different things that for the life of me I can't figure out how to do in this very different OS. It's not that I was Windows unfamiliar... in fact I was all too Windows familiar... but boy have things changed since XP! :D

I figured instead of googling to find my way around, at least on the tougher subjects, I'd find a place of folks that could not only help, but keep me learning!

A little blurb about me: I am a happily married mommy to one amazing little boy. He and my husband light up my life and give me the reason for my technology addictions. Between pictures and video and vacations and music... kids give you so many good excuses... ahem... reasons to enjoy technology.

It's nice to meet you all!

~Jenn

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Greetings HappyMommy! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

I and the other veterans here wish you a pleasant and fruitful experience. If you ever have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to ask.

Also, if you have any tips or suggestions, please pass them on.

~Nibs

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Welcome Ma!

I recently had a house guest for a week who brought her I-Book. There were some things she wanted me to teach her. How different could it be right? Jeez, I had a tough time. We didn't have a mouse and the keyboard functions were all different. Proprietary and bossy software seemed un-customizable.

W7 plays nicer with customization. Hope you enjoy. Come back again.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score

I and the other veterans here wish you a pleasant and fruitful experience. If you ever have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to ask.

~Nibs

I second that, welcome to the forum HappyMommy!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Howdy Jenn and welcome to the forums :)

I'm sure you'll like it here, and we'll do our best to help out :D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just FYI, if it doesn't work out you can Hackintosh your laptop.

But it you want windows but like the old look of Mac there are many tweaks to make it look more like home.

XDock for the taskbar
& wallpaper & icons

Reaction score
Windows 7 Registry tweaks

How about a section on the forum for Windows 7 Registry Tweaks .

~Nibs

Ask a Question