Ethernet card not working. Not enough resources

Reaction score
I have plugged in a second ethernet card into my computer but I get this "This device cannot find enough resources that it can use(Code 12)" no matter what I do. I've turned off USB, the onboard Ethernet, the onboard IDE, etc. No matter what happens there are not enough resources. Here is my config:

MOBO:ASRock 970M
CPU:AMD FX 8320E
MEM:Crucial Ballistix Sport 16gb
VID:ATI Radeon HD23400XT
SATA:HighPoint Rocketraid 2680

Reaction score
Ok, managed to fix this. In case someone sees this and is having problems with a PCI card not working:

Run msinfo32.exe, then go to Hardware Resources->Conflict/Sharing

Look and see what's using the same I/O range. In this case, the card and the ATI I/O Communications Processor PCI Bus Controller was sitting in the same I/O range as the card.

Go to Device Manager-> System Devices and find the controller and disable it.

All the PCI cards on the system will disappear. Now, re-enable the controller. Once you do this, it the card should have a different I/O range and should be functioning.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the 970M board, the ATI SB800 chipset, or a combination of the two. Disabling everything in bios didn't help, neither did updating all the drivers.

Ask a Question