SOLVED Windows 7 upgrade

Reaction score
can i ask
if i can upgrade my sony Viao windows vista home premium 32 bit to windows 7 home premium 32 bit
im using both VGN-CR25T/L(Taiwan) or VGN-CR25s(USA)
and where can i download its drivers and utilities

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums Itachi! :ciao:

Yes you should be able to upgrade with no problem. Go to the Sony laptop website and download the drivers you need for your laptop.

Yes, it's good advice to run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, and Windows 7 loads a lot of drivers natively.

But it always best to use to latest up-to-date drivers if possible. Many times the drivers MS will show on the Updates list will be several weeks to months old.

Reaction score
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums Itachi! :ciao:

Yes you should be able to upgrade with no problem. Go to the Sony laptop website and download the drivers you need for your laptop.

Yes, it's good advice to run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, and Windows 7 loads a lot of drivers natively.

But it always best to use to latest up-to-date drivers if possible. Many times the drivers MS will show on the Updates list will be several weeks to months old.
Personally, once installed I see no reason to constantly update drivers. If everything is running smoothly I would leave well alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. A good old British saying.:)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
andsome wrote
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I wish some of my customers would heed those words :D, but lets look at computers with graphics cards installed AGP or PCI-E everything you see on your monitor comes from the installed graphics card, there a great enhancement for games and any application that has visual graphics from MS Paint to CS4, from your Task bar to web pages in your Browser all will benefit from the latest graphics drivers.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Personally, once installed I see no reason to constantly update drivers. If everything is running smoothly I would leave well alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. A good old British saying.:)
You misunderstood the point I was making. I didn't state to update the drivers constantly, did I?

He is upgrading his laptop computer to Windows 7 correct?

Then doesn't it make sense to download the latest drivers for that laptop prior to install of Windows 7? Then store the drivers on a flash drive or whatever.

Then after he installs Windows 7 he can load the latest drivers so the system operates at it's best possible efficiency.

You read more into the post than what was actually stated.

Reaction score
thnx for the advice folks
i really do appreciate the time and effort guys
but contrary to the saying
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
hey nothing much more better if your systems runs faster
windows 7's much more better OS than windows vista
thnx again for the help

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Itachi - glad you got Windows 7 running on your laptop. It is a much better system than XP or Vista.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Ask a Question