Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Problem?

Reaction score
Greetings,

Just installed a MSI GeForce GTX480 in my system replacing a Zotac GeForce GTX280 and now my Auzentech Prelude audio card is not recognized by the system. Diagnostics tell me a code 12 error--- lack of resources or something. It appears that somehow MSI audio drivers are preventing the Auzentech drivers from working although I don't recollect installing MSI audio drivers at any point.

Device Manager shows 5 instances of a High Definition Audio Device where there were none before. If anyone knows what the poop is going on and how to remedy the situation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards...........

Reaction score
Hey.

Go into the bios and disable all the unused ports like floppy, serial, parallel etc...

Boot to Windows and see if that error code is gone.

Install the latest video card driver:

NVIDIA

Install the latest HD Audio driver for Realtek:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Install the latest Prelude driver:

http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php

Install the latest bios for your motherboard and then disable ports again, as mentioned above. Reboot to Windows and test.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK....... I've all the above with the same result. Stuff like this drives me crazy.

Reaction score
Both audios should work perfectly together but obviously there is a reason why Windows is complaining of no resources available to activate the audio card.

You might try going into the bios to disable the onboard audio from there. Then boot to Windows and see if the card is now in an activated state.

You could try updating the chipset drivers too:

ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/mb_driver_chipset_intel.exe

If you have a similar available slot to the one the audio card is in, move the audio card to this slot, with power off of course.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since the issue started with the new video card installation and all other efforts have failed,
I can sincerely recommend downloading Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com.

Then boot to safe mode to run it. Use it to remove all the NVIDIA video drivers/settings/software.

Reboot to normal mode and reinstall the latest driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

If still fail, then open device manager. Look in sound section. If there is anything NVIDIA there, disable it then reboot, as a test.

If still fail after all that, I would consider a clean install of Windows with a format, after backing up anything you'd want to keep.

Ask a Question