windows 7 32/64-bit confusion

Reaction score
hi!

can you guys help me on my simple prob...

i'm planning to install adobe premiere and after effects cs5 in my pc.
but my problem is....adobe premiere and ae only support 64-bit operating system,
and my pc is just windows 7 32-bit support only....

my question is...can i install two operating system?
one is windows 7 32-bit and one is windows 7 64-bit which will be use for
adobe premiere and after effects only....

thanks! :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Yes, you can install both operating systems, but you'll need a NEW product key for the 64 bit system.

Will your existing computer support a 64 bit Windows 7 OS?

Reaction score
Hi frisco27 - Welcome to w7forums

Yes you can dual boot the two operating systems.

However if you need the 64-bit OS, why not go ahead and make the switch. Most 32-Bit apps will work in the 64-bit version without any problems. I'm still using applications that were designed for 95/98 in my Windows 7 64-bit.

Reaction score
honestly...i have no idea...would you mind if you help me know
if my pc supports a 64 bit windows 7 os?

thanks Nibiru2012

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Download SIW - System Information for Windows. It will tell you everything you need to know about your sytem; hardware, software, RAM, CPU, hard drives, etc.

It's free too! The version below is a standalone and doesn't install on your system. That way you can put it on a thumb drive and take it from computer to computer.

SIW Without Installer (English-Only)
Download

Reaction score
Hello frisco27,

Just a bit of FYI to understand the issues with 32-bit and 64-bit OS upgrades and later options that may or may not be available to you later:
When upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 you must upgrade the version currently installed within Windows Vista to the corresponding version in Windows 7. I.E. Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium; Windows Vista Business to Windows 7 Professional; and Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate. You also cannot upgrade a 32-bit operating system to 64-bit -- to migrate from 32-bit to 64-bit will require a custom install.
Additionally, you will not be able to "upgrade" from a 32-bit version of Windows 7 to 64-bit -- the architecture between the two is too drastically different to allow such a change. To learn more about the differences between a 32-bit operating system and 64-bit please go to the following link: http://bit.ly/2aT3xP
I hope that helps you out!
You can also find lots of information on Windows 7 here in our Springboard website:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx
Thanks again,
John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support

Ask a Question