Win-7 Taskbar

Reaction score
How to stop Win-7 displaying a full-sized preview of a minimised application when I hover the mouse over the taskbar icon?

I don't mind the thumbnail, but I can do without the full-size preview.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hmmm, that only happens to me when I put the mouse pointer on/over the actual thumbnail. Or is that your issue?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You can do this by disabling Aero Peek. It won't disable the thumbnail previews, just the feature you described. Do the following:

Click on Start button, and enter "View advanced system settings" into the Start Menu search field. Select the option that pops up with the same name. A dialog window should open straight to the Advanced page of System Properties. Click on the Settings button under Performance. In Visual Effects, click on Custom. The 4th one down should be 'Enable Aero Peek', so uncheck that; you can leave all the other options checked for best desktop experience. Click OK and then OK again, and you're done.

Reaction score
Win-7 Taskbar [SOLVED]

You can do this by disabling Aero Peek. It won't disable the thumbnail previews, just the feature you described.
Done. Thanks. Simple when you know how!

Thanks to all who responded.

Ask a Question