Win 7 No Sound/ over Vista

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have to disagree, title tells us your problem but not your situation.

Are you saying you just upgraded from Vista to 7 ? 32 or 64 bit? was it a clean "custom" install or simply an upgrade over-top the existing Vista?

What motherboard do you have (or sound card if it is not on the motherboard)?

Did you check the wiring? Didn't accidentally plug it in the wrong slot? Once I had the powerswitch turned off and I couldn't hear a thing - surprise surprise!

If you go to device manager (under control panel) and check the sound items listed - see if it says they are working properly. If not, make sure you are connected to the internet and click update driver and pick connect to the internet for best driver.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
TrainableMan is entirely correct in disagreeing with you.

The title says nothing. NOTHING!

I've installed W7 many times and the sound has never worked. It is a simple thing to update drivers and we might help you there IF we new something, ANYTHING about your hardware.

Reaction score
I've installed W7 many times and the sound has never worked.
Umm... Where have you installed it then? 'cause it should get driver updates automatically from Windows Update. (even pirated versions do)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Umm... Where have you installed it then? 'cause it should get driver updates automatically from Windows Update. (even pirated versions do)
I know nothing of pirated versions.

Admittedly in older hardware.

An older P-4 with Realtek chip. Installed Beta, RC, an upgrade over Vista ( which sucked} and a clean install with the upgrade disk.

A Celeron single core with Realtek chip. Installed Beta, RC and retail. (twice).

In addition W7 didn't have the drivers for my network device on either machine.

My point for the OP was not enough info for us as TM pointed out.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
title says it all..

The title doesn't tell us doodley squat! If you're not willing to actually describe the exact nature of the problem and how the install was done, then well my friend, don't come whining to us if we can't solve it for you!

Ask a Question