SOLVED Win 7 Live - Mail Issues

GCM

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I need help in setting up Live Mail. I had Win-Vista and just updated to Win -7. I had too many issues with Vista, and now this problem with with Live-Mail. I get an error
Code:
0x800ccc0d
, which is a problem finding the host. Also cannot send or receive mail. I have checked my DNS settings and everything is fine. Settings are set automatically to find settings.

I also installed Fire FoxThunderbird version 3.0, and tried older version 2.0. These would not function either. I get a messsage that ( system times out).
I cannot find a solution on the net that will lead me to a fix.

Thanks in advance !

GCM

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
First, it is better if you enable the old style top bar menu??? If not, right click the small square on the right of the top bar (the one with the small white arrow poining up). Select "Show Menu Bar"

If you already have this, then, have you set up your account correctly? Tools - Accounts .- Add.
Work it through (select the manual set up option) and ensure you have the right server set up for both incoming and outgoing mail

Reactions: GCM

GCM

Reaction score
Win 7 mail issue

Thanks for the reply to my message !
I have done a manual setup for Win-7 mail different times. All settings are correct to receive and send mail. Still same problem, nothing works.
I'd rather have Thunderbird mail, I use it on my laptop with Vista and it works fine. That setup will not function either.I did not think that this would be a big issue with Win-7.

Thanks for the help anyway !

GCM

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You are obviously knowledgable, so I assume you do have an internet connection.

The fault is definitely a loss of connection, if you are 100% certain you have put the correct smtp and pop3 addresses. (and the correct username, copied over from your Vista OS?)

Mine are very simple, so are not, maybe, representative:
pop3.mail.dk and smtp.mail.dk

Ask a Question