Why i do not like Microsoft and their Windows 11

Reaction score
Having to get a new laptop i found all new systems come with Windows 11 installed and no CD to use if needed, people who had older computers with Windows 10, could for a time upgrade to Windows 11 online only.
Getting back to my new Laptop and the installed Windows 11, all my older computers even this 14 year old ASUS still running Windows 7 could use my older programs like the Microsoft Office 1997 that came on a CD with my first Gateway 486 computer along with all my past systems from Win XP Win 7 Win 8 Win 8.1 and Win 10.

Well with Windows 11 my copy of Microsoft Office 1997 will not work along with many of my older programs, i like Microsoft Word since it will no longer run on my new laptop i downloaded Microsoft Office 365, it was offered as a trial subscription for $69.95 a year, and you could get a refund if you did not like it in 30 days i only wanted the Word program and quickly found they had made many changes to the program and i hated it and tried getting a refund, well you must contact Microsoft by phone and here is the problem getting a human to talk to took many call that went nowhere when i did reach a human all i was told is to contact my credit card company and they informed me until Microsoft refused to allow a refund they could just hold payment as being protested.

Microsoft informed me i had not asked for the refund within the 30 days even if i just could not reach a human before many days passed and my refund was denied.

My credit card company could do nothing so the charge was not removed meaning i was out the $69.95.

Since i have LibreOffice on my new Laptop i still have a word processor program, not the program my old Word is from 1997 but is workable.

All i can say about Microsoft today is there one of the the most over reaching money grubbing dishonest Companies we are being forced to deal with, but as we find unless we want to use the Apple system and i find it not something i want to deal with using were stuck with Microsoft Windows.

Anyway just glad my old ASUS's this one i am now on has Windows 7 and my other ASUS has Windows 10.

Ask a Question