what will happen?

Reaction score
I have been chasing the elusive 404" cant find errror". In one of the popups it said that a file in win7 had gone missing,Unfortunly I didn't get its name. SOOO, here it comes;what will happen to all my files and desk top if I reinstall win 7 from my factory back up disk.
I am at a lose if I can't do that cause I have tried everything else. Any suggestions?
Please. Dell optiplex 780
Thanks
Blind man [ Yes I really am.]:pepsi:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try a system repair rather than an install. When you boot to the install disk it will detect that W7 is already installed and there will be an option to repair. I seem to recall it being in the lower left of the screen, separate from the install choices.

Reaction score
Boy do I thank you.

I have been chasing the elusive 404" cant find errror". In one of the popups it said that a file in win7 had gone missing,Unfortunly I didn't get its name. SOOO, here it comes;what will happen to all my files and desk top if I reinstall win 7 from my factory back up disk.
I am at a lose if I can't do that cause I have tried everything else. Any suggestions?
Please. Dell optiplex 780
Thanks
Blind man [ Yes I really am.]:pepsi:
Thank you so much trainman

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question