What is a program manifest ?

Reaction score
Greets,
I have written a program http://www.quickerthanaspark.com/hbDesign/hbDesign.html
in HotBasic and made it available online.
And now I have a fellow asking "another thing do you can add xp manifest to program? "
I don't know what a manifest is. A file?
It sounds like something that goes in a "C" program.
Pls, can someone educate me about 'manifests'?
And how can I tell which kind I have & how can it be changed?
Thanks...Vernon

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
See HERE.

From what I can find searching the web, it is basically a list of all the files required including the version #s and which modules call what others, so administrators can verify they have the required DLLs etc to run your program.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I had a look at your home page. An XP manifest, in your case, would be a downloadable addition to basic, which would give your freeware the look and feel of XP programs. If you browse, you should find the particular one you want.

Reaction score
confusing
Ah, yes, I see: an overview statement would help.
I just kind of threw this page together quickly, for a Post on a HotBasic Forum.

hbDesign is a Gui Designer for HotBasic coders:
Populate the middleForm with the VisualControls you want.
Then click SOURCE Button.
Source Button will then write the HotBasic sourceCode
according your visualSpecifications.
...vm

Reaction score
I had a look at your home page. An XP manifest, in your case, would be a downloadable addition to basic, which would give your freeware the look and feel of XP programs. If you browse, you should find the particular one you want.
Thanks...Vernon

Ask a Question