W7 log in problem.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have somehow managed to delte my user account from my home PC, someone at work set it up for me and it ended up with my work security policy on it, long story. Anyway, now I cannot log on at all. It asks for username and password, but there isn't one! I have tried the old ones, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Nick

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, trenchn! If I'm not mistaken, there is an option to create a password boot disc, but you're going to have to create it from another computer that's running Windows 7. I've not burned such a disc, therefore I have zero experience with it, but I've seen the option before. Once you do get it going again, it probably would be best to leave the work security off of it. But one thing you do need to create when you create your password. A secret hint, that only you know, there is a place for it.

Reaction score
I use Spotmau Powersuite 2009. It's an awesome boot utility disk with all kinds of data backup and recovery options one of which is password recovery and reset. There is a 2010 version but IMHO the 2009 is more intuitive.

Reaction score
I use Spotmau Powersuite 2009. It's an awesome boot utility disk with all kinds of data backup and recovery options one of which is password recovery and reset. There is a 2010 version but IMHO the 2009 is more intuitive.

Have you got a download link that works? I've searched on a couple but they just seem to take me to page after page without ever getting to an actual download.

Reaction score
Have you got a download link that works? I've searched on a couple but they just seem to take me to page after page without ever getting to an actual download.
The download worked fine and I burned a disk okay. Is it supposed to just auto run from the disk? I found an .exe file there once I unpacked the .rar file. If I try to run the .exe file it begins an install but asks for a registration key.

Is this avoided if you just auto run it at bootup with the disk in?

Mike

Ask a Question