SOLVED W7 64bit default instal, WORD Custom.dic prob

Reaction score
Hello,

Defalt install, not old Clasic stile. Replaces old machine, so busy transfering data with flash drives.

New copy of Office 2010, data copied and usable for WORD and EXCEL.

Spent days now trying to do WORD 'Custom.dic' which I can see on the flash drive.

Problem is where to put it!

MS Help shows the path as "C:\Users\Derek" which I have, and "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Proof" which I do not!

Any help appreciated,out of ideas.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi Derek,

The path will/should be C:\Users\Derek\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof. :eek: :eek: :eek: The AppData folder is hidden by default.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OS files and system protected files are hidden by default. You have to change your settings just to see them.
ShowSysProtectedFiles.jpg

And even once you can see them you often can't get to them because of Permissions settings. The Take Ownership script can help with the permissions. See the File & Folder section of our Freeware DB if you need it.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You do need to check the link given in Trainable's post. A small amendment to Elmer's, the path end is actually Uproof, not proof. It may not matter?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you all, gentlmen. Wanted to say 'friends' but without the spellcheck feat it will be wrong!

Trainableman could not read the tiny pring with a magnifying glas but i have just got Takeownership to do it.

Dashing to the doctors.

What would i do without the forum

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you click on the picture it expands.

And if you want a spell checker feature for Internet Explorer then install something like iespell.

And perhaps you are joking but you spelled friends right but gentlemen wrong :p

Reaction score
TrainableMan,

The spelling problem is real. I know about ispell and will reinstall it.

Now I did click the pic, must have been right click because still too smal. Now i right click it, wonderfull!

Doctor and his diagnosis means more pills with horific side effects - I used to work in a hospital group pharmacy, so understand a bit.

Your Train looks good. My late wife's family were railway people, Her father a Station Master. Her brother aprenticed to build steam engines.

When they were young they lived in one of the two great adjacent house Isembard Kingdom Brunel built, halway between Bristol and London.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question