VLC Media Player

Reaction score
I have VLC Media Player for Windows 7, 64-bit. I use it to watch what is showing on my TV on my computer. I do this with an HDMI splitter and a HDMI to USB capture card. Sometimes the VLC media player works and sometimes it doesn't. For weeks now I have been trying to do this. Just the other day I managed to see both the video and audio of what was showing on my TV on my computer. From there, I used free cam 8 screen capture software to record what I was seeing into an MP4 file. That I downloaded onto a USB memory card. I put that into my PS3 and was able to see what I recorded just fine. Then to do another test, I tried to view something else on my computer using VLC. This time I got some sort of strange buzzing sound over the audio. (Which I have run into now and then in the past)

Has anybody else run across this problem? I doubt if my capture card may be bad. Could it be that the VLC software detected that screen software was used and decided to mess up the audio with any further attempts? Also, I tried to use the OBS studio software. Which seems to me in the past showed both video and audio. But the last time I tried to use it, I didn't get any audio at all.

Ask a Question