Using an ISO to install on multi pc

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an ISO image from microsoft and I want to use it to install the software on multiple pc's I would like to pull the image from a mapped drive to each pc and install from there. I do own the Vol License. I have to install on about 15 clients.

My question is when I get the iso downloaded to each pc, do i have to mount said image or should I extract it in the mapped drive and install across the network or is there a simpler way that I am not aware of. I don't want to actually burn a disk if that can be helped.

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The problem would be if it is a bootable DVD that is created by the ISO. Obviously you can't boot from it if it isn't burned to a DVD or on a flash drive.

If it's just some program then I would extract the ISO files to a network folder then map directly to that folder as X:\ or something like that. Then you run X:\setup (or whatever the main executable is).

Ask a Question