USB printer sloooowww

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've bought an HP printer recently.

My problem comes from the administration rights conflicts in win 7.
When I call the printer from the administrator account, everything works perfect as it should.
However when logged in as a user the printer takes about 2 min between call and print....And I can't access to print settings..
I'd like to set it up so it work the way it should...
My printer is a USB device.

When going to device and printer as an administrator, I get the list.
When going as a user, I get nothing on page....

please help somebody

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What model HP?

It's USB but is it wired directly to the computer in question or attached to a router or other PC?

Have you tried installing the printer divers while logged on as the user and then authorizing the install with the administrator ID/pass?

Reaction score
its a HP photosmart b010a
It's connected directly to the computer, no rooter..
yes I did all of that...

I don't understand where it comes from...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Was your computer upgraded from Vista?
If so, perhaps THIS

Even if you didn't upgrade the only solutions I have been able to find are remove and reinstall, so I suggest you get the removal tool to make sure all is cleared out and then retry.

I did find one other item for a different model HP which suggested it may have something to do with the users rights to an HP entry in the registry but the recommendation was give them rights which I think would not be a satisfactory solution for you.

Only other thing I could suggest is contacting HP support or post your issue on their forum.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4058816

Reaction score
Hi there, thanx for reply...
I did contact HP support, and we figured out it has nothing to do with either the hardware nor the drivers....

I ve tried reinstall several times but the problem is still weird...

I wouldn't post if it was any explainable solution but there Im lost...

The device and printer tab doesnt show up as a user member, therefore there can be a conflict which has to loaaaad the printer and prepare it for print, any extra command that makes it annoying to print...

Personally I have noooo idea where it can come from...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm sorry you are having the trouble, hopefully somebody comes along with a solution. And if you happen to find a solution that works please post back for others.

Ask a Question