Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an Older PC

Reaction score
I have a newer Windows 11 laptop, but I'm looking to upgrade an older PC currently running Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1) to Windows 10. When attempting to access the "Get Windows 10" link on the Microsoft Upgrade page, I'm automatically redirected to the Windows 11 upgrade page. However, this older PC lacks TPM 2.0 technology and a UEFI BIOS, making it incompatible with Windows 11 but suitable for Windows 10.
I'm seeking guidance on how to purchase a Windows 10 license key and download the Windows 10 upgrade, as the automatic redirection to Windows 11 is not suitable. If a link to the Windows 10 upgrade is available or if there are alternative methods I'd greatly appreciate the assistance. If Windows 10 upgrade DVDs are still available at retail outlets and can be used with a DVD drive, that would also be a viable option.

Regarding specifications, the PC is equipped with 8GB of fast DDR3 RAM (7ns latency) and will be upgraded from an HDD to a 2.5" SSD before the Windows 10 installation. It features an older Q9000 quad-core Intel processor clocked at 2.1 GHz, which should be sufficient for running Windows 10 smoothly. Upgrading to Windows 10 is crucial for ensuring up-to-date security measures on this PC.

Ask a Question