"The Wizard was interupted......

Reaction score
Hello, I've been trying to load Microsoft's flight sim x without success. It seems to be OK for the first disk, but the second disk is so slow it takes up to 3 hours to load and then I get the message, 'The Wizard was interrupted before msfsx could be completely installed.' It uses InstallShield. I have loaded both disks on my partners laptop with no problems in about 30 minutes.
I tried a 'clean install' as advised with no internet connected, and uninstalled my disk burning programme in case that interfered with the install. My computer exceeds the requirements of the programme. My computer skills are minimal. Your views would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Clean the disc from the inner circle out with a mildly wet non abrasive-cloth. Dry. Make an .iso of the disc to the hard drive first, then mount it in a drive emulation program.

Free drive emulation - http://www.PowerISO.com

Reaction score
Thanks TorrentG, I will study up on .iso's and emulators, and if I can make sense of it I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question