Text Shadow

Reaction score
Have solved one problem but now have a new one ...Did an upgrade from Vista Ultimate to Win7 everything went OK and a program I have not been unable to install in Win7.. "Data Director2" a Paritech program for down loading share market info now works and everything seems ok... so far!!..However and there always seems to be a 'However' ..the Text on the Desktop screen has a background shadow and I can't seem to find a solution..does anyone have a Fix?

Reaction score
Have found a solution.
"you can change it inWwindows 7
All you can do is, go to control panel-->performance information and tools-->advance tools-->adjust the appearance and performance of window, in the open window under "visual effects" uncheck "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", after that shadow will go away:):)

Reaction score
Hi:ciao: ronpeck - I was looking for an answer - however I wasnt sure you wanted the shadow or not - I figured if I found a toggle which you apparently did that would help

Im glad you shared the solution with us:)

Ask a Question