SOLVED taskbar question

Reaction score
On one of my Windows 7 computers when the pointer rolls over the small rectangle at the right end of the taskbar the open windows hide and the desktop shows. On another computer you have to click the rectangle to make the desktop show. How do I change it to where it does it automatically on the other computer.

Reaction score
On my Windows 7 taskbar if I have multiple windows of Internet Explorer open it used to show each open tab as a small balloon showing a miniature image of each open page when I hovered the pointer over the Internet Explorer icon on the task bar. Now the open windows and tabs show as a list instead of as balloons. I am not aware of having changed anything but how do I change it back to the way it was?

Reaction score
Right click on the square and select "Peek at Desktop". This activates the mouse over event and shows the desktop.

Reaction score
When I right click on it it shows peek at desktop checked but grayed out. On my other computer it shows the desktop when you just roll over the little rectangle. How do I make it do that? On this computer I have to actually click it.

Reaction score
When I right click on it it shows peek at desktop checked but grayed out. On my other computer it shows the desktop when you just roll over the little rectangle. How do I make it do that? On this computer I have to actually click it.
Right click on Taskbar and select properties. There should be a section labeled "Preview destop with Aero Peek".
Does it have the option to activate Aero Peek from there?

Reaction score
taskbar issue

On my Windows 7 taskbar if I have multiple windows of Internet Explorer open it used to show each open tab as a small balloon showing a miniature image of each open page when I hovered the pointer over the Internet Explorer icon on the task bar. Now the open windows and tabs show as a list instead of as balloons. I am not aware of having changed anything but how do I change it back to the way it was?

Reaction score
I made a mistake and removed your second post thinking it was a duplicate. I have now restored your second post and remove my mess. Please except my apologies.

After reading your first and second post, they are related to each other. When we fix one the other will work as well. Now to figure out why the option is grayed out.

Have you tried changing the Desktop Theme to a different theme?

Sometime there are problems that can be resolved by changing to something different and then switching back to the original setting.

Reaction score
Just as an aside another fast way to display the desktop is to hold down the windows key + spacebar

Ask a Question