System Service Exception BSOD

Reaction score
Hey all, I started getting a System Service Exception BSOD on windows 7 Home Ed since last week. Only happened once or twice but since yesterday the situation deteriorated to the point that Windows couldn't even finish booting. Seems to be ok in Safe mode though. I attached the dmp files and some CPU-z info in the post. Would really appreciate some advice. Thanks! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have not seen any active BSOD experts for 6 weeks or so, and I don't see anything jumping out from your DMPs but I would recommend you check for viruses in safe mode as explained HERE.

And if it is not a virus then it is likely your BIOS or drivers so visit the manufacturers website and update to the latest. For instance your NVidia video driver is from last October and those are often updated multiple times a month so I'm sure there is a newer version.

Last edited:

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Seems to be ok in Safe mode though.
That suggests a hardware driver problem.

Did you recently add new hardware?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I didn't have any hardware changes and my current setup is only 6 months old. I tried repairing in safe mode but also got multiple BSODs. In the end I just reformatted my PC, seems stable so far. Thanks so much for the advice though :)

Reaction score
Sigh I spoke too soon. After a clean reformat, updated drivers, the PC died again, same issue. Sigh. Beginning to suspect a hardware issue. Also, now my PC loses power every 2 seconds when trying to boot. Only managed to boot it after using one dedicated power source and removing all USB devices

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Well, I would have advised against reformatting and reinstalling because that rarely works, you end up months, if not years behind in updates, you lose all your security, and nothing is really learned.

my current setup is only 6 months old.
Then it should be under warranty. A failing PSU can cause these problems, as can failing RAM, for starters. You can swap in a spare PSU to test for that, and you can pull all but one stick of RAM and test for that. However, I suspect this is a motherboard problem so you should contact them and get on record you are having this problem.

Ask a Question