SYSTEM RESTORE

Reaction score
System restore points keep disappearing shortly after being created. Configured properly but they are gone.

Any thoughts?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you have a dual-boot or multi-boot machine? If yes, what other OSes?

You might also want to check how much disk space is allocated. Run SystemPropertiesProtection.exe and hit configure. The default is only 3%, I upped mine to 10% but Microsoft says it could need as much as 15%. Microsoft info.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I dual boot with Win 7 & Win XP Pro. I also use PerfectDisk so I was thinking that's the problem. I'm looking forward to the responses.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well the reason I asked is because it is apparently a common issue on dual-boot machines; specifically mentioned most often was XP.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Do you have system restore turned on for BOTH os's? If you have it configured for only one, the other is , perhaps, wiping it clean. Just a guess. I have not used restore for many years as I prefer to use an image program.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You might also want to check how much disk space is allocated. Run SystemPropertiesProtection.exe and hit configure. The default is only 3%, I upped mine to 10% but Microsoft says it could need as much as 15%. Microsoft info.
And did you increase the space setting?

Ask a Question