Sync Center

Reaction score
I've noticed Sync Center rules have been setup by itself. I believe this is to have a local copy of my files from my network in case I don't have network access. Is this correct?
How does Win 7 decide which files to sync? Are they the folders I add to my "Libraries"?
Since it syncs files from a server that's always on (and not just a network drive that may not be on all the time), is there any reason why I cannot turn off this feature? If not, how?

Also, I use Sync Toy and Task Scheduler to copy local files to my server every night for backup reasons. How is Sync Center different than Sync Toy? Would Sync Center be a better option for this task? I clicked on "Set up new sync partnerships", but got the message that "There are no new sync partnerships that can be set up on this computer".
Is this because my server is a Windows Home Server box? Is this also why the syncs that were setup automatically "files from my Library" received error messages stating that it could not connect?
Sorry for all the questions! I appreciate any help!
Jamie

Reaction score
im new here but u could try task manager to turn it off i had same problem also new to windows 7 hope this helps part of your thread m8

Reaction score
If you use Windows 7 Premium, the sync center doesn't work; you need Windows 7 Professional. Sync Center allows you to have a remote copy of an e.g. server on your PC, so that when you disconnect from the Server you still have all files that were marked "Offline available". Sync Toy is more suited for backups; you can specify the snyc direction and you have each a full set of files on PC and server. Sync Center may work smoother (once it properly works) - just my opinion.

Ask a Question