Sound Subcarriers

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using a satellite tv card with my Windows 7 PC. Everything works fine, except for the following:

Certain TV channels that I view have more than one sound carrier for different languages: for example "Italian" then "Language 2". The second language is not named specifically but only in the generic term as described. In this case, when vewing the channels in windows media center, I can change the language to language 2 but it will default to "italian" when I switch channels and switch back. Similarly, if I set a recording of that channel for some time later on in the day, it will record the program in Italian. Is there any way to set it so that the language chosen remains "Language 2"?

Thanks in advance and appologies if this question has been asked before.

Rob

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
WMC 2005 (XP media center) had numerous issues supporting European extra audio channels. These were supposedly fixed in Vista but I found this article regarding an issue back then and I would suggest the registry tweak might be worth trying to see if it helps you.
Article

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. However, my problem isn't beng to select different audio subcarriers, which I can do. My problem is that I cannot get a channel to default to my preferred soundcarrier automatically when I change channels.

Ask a Question