Repair Win 7 x64 SP1

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Win 7 x64 SP1 pc.

I've uninstalled the Office with the Revo Uninstaller and then it becamess very unstable.

I've tryed to do go back to a restore point, but I get errors and I don't have a backup.

The problems I have are:
1. The Windows explorer don't work. It says: Explorer.exe There is not enough memory to run this program
2. The Control Panel don't work. The same error
3. The sfc /scannow command returns "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"
4. If I try tu remove the SP1 wuth command line wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:976932 I get Installer encountered an error: 0x8000ffff. Catastrophic failure
5. I cannot repair from the boot DVD because it says I must restart in Windows and run from the DVD again and this get me another error

Thanks a lot, Ariel

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Why you would try to uninstall SP1 is a mystery to me, what does it have to do with Office?

If you did an aggressive Revo Uninstall you may have seriously messed up the Registry.

Boot to the DVD and do a Repair install, if you still get an error then, without a backup or working restore point, your best bet is a complete reinstall.

Reaction score
I'm trying to repair with the DVD, but it says: Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer.

Doy you have any idea to solve this?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It sounds like either something like LINUX was installed on the hard drive (LINUX changes the structure and Windows can't really see the drive correctly any longer) or it's a good possibility your hard drive crashed / is damaged.

Ask a Question