Random BSOD, System Service Exception

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You have a driver ASACPI.sys (Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility) dated 3/27/2005 10:30:36 PM. This should be removed as it is known to cause BSODs in W7 & W8, See ASUS for possible updates to your ASUS Utilities.

Also I would make sure you have the most current BIOS for your computer/motherboard. You have not filled in your computer specs so I can't point you to the right website but based on the above utility you likely have an ASUS computer and if so you will go there for your BIOS as well.

The driver for your network NIC is over 4 years old and can probably be updated as well. L1C62x64.sys

Basically you should check the computer/motherboard manufacturer and make sure you have all the latest drivers & BIOS and see if the problem is resolved; if not post the new DMPs.

Reaction score
Thanks!

sorry about not posting the specs. i will update all the drivers see if that fixes it. thanks for the help!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's not a requirement, just helps us to point to the right manufacturer's website. If you are comfortable finding it yourself then it's not an issue.

Reaction score
hi! i'm back. i was able to identify and download a new ASACPI.sys driver but not install it. it unzipped to a ROM file which i saved to my C drive and tried to install w/ the device manager. {is it becoming clear how little i know about computer hardware?) the link for the L1C62x64.sys closed during installation. i downloaded CPU-Z and took screenshots. would that help?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You probably don't "need" the ASUS utilities, so if you can't install the new one it's probably fine but you need to uninstall the old one because it needs to be out of your system.

As for L1C, you should have downloaded a file called "View attachment win7-l1c-1.0.0.36-whql.zip". Then you create a temporary folder and you unzip the 6 files into the temporary folder. Then if you have W7 64-bit you right-click on L1C62x64.inf and choose "Install".

CPU-Z of the mainboard might help. Your Memory, and SPD (for each memory slot) if you suspect RAM issues or are overclocking ... but if you've had it a long time and the errors are just recent then I wouldn't suspect RAM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
curiouser and curiouser...

still freezing up and getting BSOD. no dump files. attaching CPUZ files. replaced motherboard a yr ago.

deleted one copy of the ASCAPI file but another exists that it won't let me delete. also, i followed your instructions for the L1C62x64.sys file but install wasn't an option.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not the SYS file, you must right-click on the INF file, if necessary change your file options so you can see the file extensions.

And you don't "delete" ASACPI.sys, you need to uninstall the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility and let it remove the ASACPI.sys file.

Ask a Question