RAM

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have 32gb RAM installed into my motherboard (all supported) I use the machine to run discos so use a lot of power for videos etc, would I be better with 64 bit windows 7?

Reaction score
If you don't have a 64-bit Windows, you will only be able to address 4GB of memory. By the time all your hardware has been addressed, only 3.2GB (give or take a few) RAM will be available. If you seriously have 32GB, why are you not aware of the 4GB address limitation with 32-bit Windows?

Reaction score
I'm not really a windows person!

Presume that's a have 64bit version instead then!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

If your not sure run CpuZ (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html) and post the screen shots of ALL the tabs.

Sorry, but on the last tab (About) there is a button that say's "Save report (.TXT)" you can save that somewhere and post it here, that might be easier.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For a shortcut press "Windows Key + Pause". If you look down at the system type, you will see whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit.

Manually navigate to location:
Control Panel\System and Security\System

Ask a Question