SOLVED RAM useage....

Reaction score
hii everyone......i have a laptop with 64bit processor,windows7 home basic,320gb hard disk and RAM of 3gb.....when i turn on my laptop it shows the RAM usage at almost 40%.........and here is what my task manager shows when i am using the internet explorer

its at 44 or 45%
i wnt to know is that normal .....or the consumption is high
reply plzzzz.....thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You're usage is about normal for Windows 7. I have 6GB of RAM and my usage is about the same around 1.30 - 1.40 GB of RAM.

So don't worry you're fine. IF you add more RAM then the percentage goes down but the amount of RAM used stays the same.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
That's absolutely normal. Win 7 uses SuperFetch technology which basically loads frequently accessed applications or components into memory for faster access. The important thing to know is that this is done only when there isn't already demand for that memory through other applications; in other words, if you suddenly do need a large amount of memory for, say, image editing, it will be available. The way Windows uses memory is different from other operating systems as well as pre-Vista Windows versions, so it's not at all surprising that it confuses people.

I'm running Firefox and Thunderbird right now and nothing else, and my memory usage is at 42% as well.

Reaction score
Im runnning IE 9 and outlook 2010 im at 39% so you have nothing to worry about

Reaction score
hey thanks everybody for your replies..........and i would like to add that do i have to upgarde my ram to 4gb....or it works fine with 3gb ram........

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I use 3GB. Unless you have games or other software that require high amounts of RAM, you should be fine.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
hey thanks everybody for your replies..........and i would like to add that do i have to upgarde my ram to 4gb....or it works fine with 3gb ram........
You should be fine with 3GB of RAM. I use even amounts of RAM since to me, IMHO, this helps to balance the two channels of DDR RAM. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will tell me... LOL!

Ask a Question