Printer divice problem

Reaction score
Hi, i have a local printer in lpt1. I'm installed it and when go to word or other aplication and go to print i see it and i can print and it works fine but.. When go to the device manager the printer is not there. So i can't see the printer, that is allready instaled and working, in the devie manager.

I use windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.

But the way the drivers are for the 64 bits printer

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Printers show under "Devices and Printers" on the right of the Start menu, or under the same title in the Control Panel (icon View)

Reaction score
Like i say, the printers are not display there. I know where the devices and printers is, but i go there and only see fax and mucrosoft xps but not the printer, but when i go to word (for explample) and print the docuemnt y see the printer (and its the default to), and it works fine. BUT I CAN SEE THE PRINTER IN THE DECIVES AND PRINTERS MANAGER.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I don't think I quite understand. The device manager (which is what you said) will not show the printer. But now are you saying you can, or you cannot see it in the "Devices and Printers" window
Quote: "BUT I CAN SEE THE PRINTER IN THE DECIVES AND PRINTERS MANAGER. "

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The printer will not show up on the "Device Manager" as its own listing.

IF you click on the System Devices in Device Manager it will probably show up there.

My printer is on a USB connection and is "hidden' in USB Serial Bus Controller on one of the USB links.

Go to the System Information section under All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information, Components, Printing and you'll see it there.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
That is interesting! I have a network, and two USB printers connected.All are fully functional and working, onn my computer. None show in the Device manager, but are all in the
Devices and printers.
Looks like I will have to investigate a little

Reaction score
First at all sorry for my english, i'm spanish speaker so i make sme mistaked.

I put some screenshots.
The printer and device screen don't show it

The System information it show it

And i see it in other programs like word

the problem is to change the settings of the printer. In word i change it (paper type and other settings) but when i close word i lost all the setting and came again the defaults settings.
I manage to change the default setting this way. Turn off the printer, print some page and open the print dialog box (in the systray) and go there to preferences and change the default preferences. Like you see it's some how complicated and not practic.

So any clue? or any help?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Okay, now I see what you're talking about. The printer is NOT showing up in the Devices and Printers section.

Did you install the printer drivers manually? Did Windows 7 install the printer drivers automatically?

You may have to download the printer drivers from the Kyocera website and try installing them. That may then show the printer in the Devices and Printers section.

You also might try this, turn off the printer and the computer. Boot up the computer and then turn on the printer, it may then show up in Devices and Printers.

If not, uninstall the printer drivers and then turn off the printer and reboot the computer. Reinstall the drivers from the Kyocera website and then turn on the printer.

Reaction score
Ok, i'm unistall al kyocera drivers (download from kyocera website), i'm also unistall the lpt drivers. I'm turn off the cumputer and the printer. Turn on the computer, intaled the lpt drivers and reboot. Next turn on the printer (the computer was loginin). The windows seven detect the printer and intall with generic drivers, y see the booble (in the systary) telleing me that the kyocer fs-9530 is ready for use, when i go to word i can use it. But the printer is not show in Devices and Printers section.

Any clue?

I check and i have the problem with the local printers. I change the printer for and infoprint 6500 and the same happend. But whne i connect a printer for the net it works and it show in the devices and printers section.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Reinstall the Kyocera drivers and see what happens.

Also, if you're still having problems, call Kyocera tech support. They should be able to help you. After all, it's their printer and drivers.

Reaction score
thank i will trie that but like i say it's look like a lpt problem. When i trie to connect in the lpt (after unplug the kyocera) and ibm infoprint 6500 i got the same result. The printer is instaled but i don't see it in the devices and print section but i print that i connect from the network is show in there.

Weel anyway thanks a lot i will trie it to.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Bing or Google can be your friend here. It was how I found my solution. Just key in the name of your printer followed by "for 64 bit Windows 7". This may steer you in the right direction. Don't give up. Most users find a way to get their devices working. Check back with us and let us know how things are going. And Welcome to the forums, eduardos.

Ask a Question