SOLVED Paste button stuck on desktop

Reaction score
Well the title is actually a little joke about my problem.
I have this problem quite a bit. So I figure other people have had it as well.

It seems funny, but I have tried closing windows, Restarting the Windows Explorer process, Locking the computer, but it doesn't seem to help. I can't really log out, because I have important stuff open, So is there a fix for this, that will not require me to close everything?

Reaction score
LOL - It's there just in case you have forgotten how :p

Have you tried clearing out your temp files / other related cache items?
Maybe blasting the desktop with F5?
Have you closed out of any services that don't need to be running?

I'd suggest when you have the chance to just restart your computer.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You have some progs runnin there whch I am not acquainted with. Any of them could be producing it. Have you tried looking under the startup tab in Msconfig, to see if you can identify the bug?

It did cross my mind that it might be also part of the wallpaper/theme. What about experimenting thyere to see if it vanishes?

Reaction score
I am going to try and clear all the temp files. I will look in msconfig after that. I know it is prolly not theme related. I had no idea you could F5 the desktop. Is that a new feature? I've been using computers since Windows 95, and have never F5ed the desktop.
EDIT: It is on top of whatever I decide to run, So it is annoying.
EDIT2: Sorry Dave. I changed to another theme, and switched back to mine. That did fix it. Now to Thank You and mark this as solved.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well i have the same issue with a stuck "paste" frame on screen omnipresently!

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Have you had the problem for a while?
Are you up to date with all your windows updates?
The earlier problems were solved by changing desktop backgrounds. Have you tried this?
What AV are you using if any?
Have you run any malware scans?
Post some computer specs and let us know if you upgraded or clean installed or bought your computer with W7 installed.

Reaction score
ya im upto date my windows is fully secured, i have upto date MSE and AVAST..the problem is solved just a minute ago automatically...i dont know how but its gone...

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Do you have 2 real time AV scanners running?

Not recommended!

Reaction score
ya i have and i have consulted microsoft protection team and MSE team they allowed it and recommended with some alteration...both are working very fine and efficiently no problem ever faced... :)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Okey dokey :top:

It sounds like too much of a good thing. :puke:

Ask a Question