SOLVED OS Mania

Reaction score
I Have Replaced Windows 7 Ultimate With A Linux Distro Called Ubuntu And Now I Can't Go Back To Windows 7 Ultimate, But Ubuntu Is Useless With Out A Program Called Wine Which Lets You Run .exe Files

Reaction score
Wow. You just chose to convert the entire hard drive into Ubuntu?

I hope you chose the 'alongside' option, where a window should be popping up every time you reboot, giving you a choice of which system to boot, Ubuntu or Windows. Reboot and see if it shows.

But if you did replace the entire drive, hopefully you have a Windows install disk, so you can just reinstall it over everything. But you'll have to get your personal files somewhere else.

And Wine, by the way, is just a Linux app that lets you run Windows programs. There's also, VirtualBox, which lets your run an entire OS from within another. I don't recommend trying either one to duplicate your Windows environment

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Once LINUX is installed it uses the GRUB Bootloader, you will need to uninstall GRUB before you can reinstall W7 Ultimate. And you will need a W7 Ultimate install disk and your old W7 Ultimate product key. If you don't have a W7 Install DVD you can use another computer to download the ISO and burn it to DVD but you still need your product key.

Reaction score
And by doing so, you erased everything that was on on your hard drive, including Windows... sorry to hear that and hope you have a reinstall option.

Reaction score
I Have A Windows 7 install.exe But It Does Not Work With Wine...:(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Like I mentioned above, you will need a W7 DVD and to uninstall Linux/GRUB Bootloader