No Sound

Reaction score
I have tried everything from installing, updaing uninstalling drivers to make the sound work. I think it started when i defraged assassins creed 2 when a cross came on the sound, i fixed it so the cross went, it said 100% volume but no sound actually comes out. Ive spent countless hours trying to fix it but no luck still. Ive also tried device manager but still it doesnt work. I have a xps 710 running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.
Any1 have any suggestions?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums m3z4123 :)

Can you try uninstalling the sound device in Device Manager please. This should remove the current drivers and then Windows should re-detect and install the appropriate drivers automatically.

If that doesn't work, we can see if there are any newer drivers available on the net. Do you know which soundcard / motherboard / model PC you have?

I'm guessing that if an error appeared at the same time you lost the audio that it's not a physical problem - but have you tried swapping speakers over just to check?

Reaction score
yep ive tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling from device manger, ive updated the device. i have a xps 710, i dont have a sound card, the sound comes from the motherboard, i am not sure what model my motherboard is. First i had a cross on my sound but then i fixed it so that the cross went but still no sound even when it says that the volumes 100%. When i try test the device it says 'Failed to play test tone.' My sound had been working fine before. Yes ive swapped speaker and tried in every sound hole to see if it works.

Reaction score
Ian, I installed windows vista 64 bit on another hard drive and the sound works for that.

Ask a Question