SOLVED No sound from Flash Videos or any Online Videos

Reaction score
I can't get sound from any of the web pages I've visited. I tried to install a codec package, and it won't allow me. I am the sole user of the computer, I'm running W7 64bit with a X-Fi soundcard. All other sound works fine and it is hooked up via spdif optical link to a seperate surround sound system.
Therefore, My first question, How do I get the sound to work?
2nd question, even if is or isn't the codec issue, why won't windows update the registry with the codec installation package (1402 error). I am the administrator!

Thanks In Advance!

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Venom8 welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Disable UAC then try installing your codec.

Reaction score
Hi Veedaz, thanks for the reply, I have had that off, I even went as far as looking up the hive keys and opening up permissions down the tree to see if that would help, and now I just realized it's looking for a reg key Local_Machine32, I'm running win 7 64 bit, There is no 32 in the hive! any suggestions?

Thank-You

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
All other sound works fine
I'm thinking this may be a Browser problem, have you tried another Browser ?, I use Maxthon and i can disable web sounds, may be an idea to check all your Browser settings.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I'll try that as well. I did figure out the codec issue, I hadn't realized that I downloaded the 32 bit version without seeing the 64 bit. It finally loaded up. Now I have to go back in to everything and close all the gates I opened.LOL

Ask a Question