SOLVED No audio

Reaction score
hi i just installed a new primary hard drive into my laptop because my old one broke. i installed 7 on it like i had before but i noticed that the sound wasn't working, i had this problem the last time i put 7 on my laptop but back then i just downloaded the audio driver for my laptop model but when i went to it this time failure came up halfway through the installation, i tried that a few times but still the same story, i then tried installing other audio drivers that were compatible with windows 7, they actually installed but the sound still doesn't work and when you go into device manager there is a corrupt sign beside the audio driver. i tried using programs that update drivers and install them but none of them worked so any advice would be very appreciated.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I suggest you download and run Driver Sweeper on your audio. Then reboot.

Then make sure you have the drivers for your laptop and that they are 32 or 64 bit depending on what OS you have installed (Since you didn't specify laptop make/model nor even 32 or 64 bit W7 we can't really tell you the right driver). Try to install.

If it fails try Microsoft Fix-it for audio problems.

Reaction score
thanks for the reply but i actually fixed it myself, i just re-installed windows on my laptop and that seamed to work

Ask a Question