New netbook- Power Management doesnt work

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have an Asus EEE 1015 netbook. When i got it, it had super hybrid engine on it which controls the CPU clock by either slowing it down or speeding it up...well thats how its supposed to work. The application worked fine, however when I monitered my CPU clock it always stayed at 1.83GHZ regardless. So then i went into windows power management advanced settings and tried limiting the maximum processor state to 50% so it would be maxed at 900MHZ and that doesnt even affect it...My bios is the newest available and Iv seen this problem on other threads however it was fixed because of a problem with ATI but I dont have any ATI hardware in my netbook. This is draining my battery and need to get this fixed. Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
Hey ross, forgot to mention that I continually monitered my cpu speed with that app and CPU truespeed.. It is all the same... My clock speed stays at 1.83GHZ but my ultization is normal when at idle aka 0-5%.....any other tips? It seems like a common problem for many people

Ask a Question