New Build

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this. I have an i7 system. Biostar x58, nvidia 260, 6Gb/s ram. I also have a new windows 7 ultimate 32 bit which I want to use on the system yet I am afraid that my system may not accept the software.Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this. I have an i7 system. Biostar x58, nvidia 260, 6Gb/s ram. I also have a new windows 7 ultimate 32 bit which I want to use on the system yet I am afraid that my system may not accept the software. Can anyone help me?
May I ask why you feel the system will not except the installation of Windows?

I see no reason why you would have troubles?

Another quick question is why you are not installing the 64-Bit?
The 64-Bit Windows 7 install will see all of your 6GB memory where the 32-Bit will only use 4GB or less.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
With the hardware you have it would make no sense at all to use a 32 bit version of Windows 7.

Do as c_c said and install the 64 bit. You did get two discs with your Windows 7 purchase, right?

Reaction score
Thanks for the help c_c and nibiru . To answre your question nibiru, the win 7 is an oem disc. Your advice makes sense I will use a 64 bit instead.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The Windows 7 x64 system also uses your RAM much more effectively that the 32 bit.

Perhaps you can return the 32 bit disc and swap it out for the 64 bit. IF not there is another solution.

Do you have a DVD burner? Are you able to download large files such as a 3.0 GB ISO image?

Ask a Question