Need some help

Reaction score
Hi guys, i`ve just installed windows 7, it went pretty smoothly. Unfortunatelly, when i`m turning on my computer, the system asks which windows to start, windows xp or windows 7. Btw when i select to load windows XP it doesn`t load, it just stops loading on "Welcome" screen. Windows 7 loads well. So i just need to know how can i completelly remove windows xp from my pc? Thanks in advance.

By the way, sorry for my terrible english :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys, i`ve just installed windows 7, it went pretty smoothly. Unfortunatelly, when i`m turning on my computer, the system asks which windows to start, windows xp or windows 7. Btw when i select to load windows XP it doesn`t load, it just stops loading on "Welcome" screen. Windows 7 loads well. So i just need to know how can i completelly remove windows xp from my pc? Thanks in advance.

By the way, sorry for my terrible english :)

you will need to perform a CLEAN INSTALL you have to boot from dvd follow on screen instructions it will ask to install click install,

it will bring you to a screen with you drives, DELETE THEM then install windows 7 on drive c or which ever you main drive will be, follow the simple instructions should take about 25 to 30 minutes to complete.

then install your drivers. I will see if i can find a tutorial for you here in the forum, as i am new here.

good luck hope that made sense :)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You can remove the option quite easily. Assuming you can enter Windows 7, type Msconfig in the start box, go to the "Boot" tab and select the XP entry and delete it. Then "Apply"
It should not be neccesary to install Windows 7 again, but, to help you with removing the XP files, we need to know a little more about where it is situated - on another partition or HD etc,
'

Ask a Question