MS Updatcide

Reaction score
This is a Rant I guess.

MS updates lately are literally corrupting my computer. I had a nice stable OC'ed system that worked great. I was very proud of my build, everything worked out of the box, no issues. Religiously updated the OS.

Install SP1, corrupted. Figured out how to uninstall it and get a stable system back but boot errors and the basic undoing of my system forced me to do a clean install. Now I'm using SSD's in RAID 0, so you do not just re-format and reinstall OS, anyways.

Fresh install complete, put in chipset driver and RST 10.2 only, and then installed all MS updates. The last updates that wanted to be loaded were SP1 and IE9. SP1's DL was super slow and not right, like before. I nix it and hide the update. Its borked me once already. Install IE9, corrupted, IE crashes and is untenable, uninstall it and hide the update.
So systems OK, the first ATTO score was great. SO I check with MS updates 1 more time, auto updates are disabled, manual only here. Theres a Netframework 4 update. Its corrupt and has borked the GUI for RST 10.2. I think I'm gonna have to start again, dam it. The ATTO score is not what it was, so more than the GUI is screwed. I uninstalled RST and used software to remove all Netframework stuff. Did not work!. Something in the registry is corrupted.

So my tale of woe has ended.
Bleeping computers, I should have never got involved. LOL
Bleeping MS for allowing quality control to be non-existant.
They have made the selling of unfinished product, a national norm.
I'd be fired for it.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
IF you using OCZ Vertex SSD, then the Intel RST v10.x.x driver will cause issues. You need to rollback to the RST v9.x.x driver. The RST v10.x.x driver is really only for Intel boards using the P6x chipset. Since your motherboard uses the 58 series chipset, then the v9.x.x driver will suffice.

I know because I was having issues too, mostly BSOD on occasion, after rolling back to the v9x.x driver, no more issues.

Reaction score
OK,
Thanx for info. Altho, 10.2 came from the Intels list of drivers and worked fine until attempting the Netframework4 update, I will try loading in RST 9.6.

No go with 9.6, same corruption. Can not enter RST software.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have merged your two threads. Since they are a continuation of the same idea, rather then creating a link to an old thread please keep them together.

Reaction score
DOH!
Clean install, minimal 3rd party drivers present, just trying to get the system ready to go and its the updates from MS that are screwing the pooch. Of course theres driver conflicts, doh! MS software updates should not react badly with basic windows systems. It was the addition of MS software, from the MS update site that failed. SP1 is suppose to make things better.
Nibiru, you are entitled to that opinion, but its an attitude that does not further the discussion or illuminate or inform anyone or anything.
I use MS OS products, I use 3rd party drivers for my hardware, I have to do another clean install.
Do I just not update my MS OS? I use drivers with W7 since begining and the SP1 update borks my system. At some point its on MS!
Let me see, how do I install drivers. Well, I hit the install button and well..............................................doh!
Him, how do I update the OS, well I check box, whats recomended and hit the install button. As you can see, I have a lot of input in the process, not.

end rant, lol

Last edited: