mkv don't work properly

Reaction score
Hi Every7 :)
I have got problem with mkv file, mkv hd does'nt work properly in w7. When try to play this (*.mkv) format play it in Media Player Classic like a slideshow.
-------------------------------------------
CPU 3.0, RAM 1 Gb, VGA WinFast 6200 - 64 up to 256 (in w7 314 mb).
Codec klite 485 full + updated
-------------------------------------------
Have does any ideas about this problem?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
The MKV is one file format unfortunately not support by Windows 7 and requires a codec to be played. It is used mostly for HD videos.

What is your exact model CPU and GPU? They may not be capable of playing high definition movies smoothly, especially if it is a single core CPU.

Reaction score
With Klite and Media Player Classic, it should work properly.

Uninstall Klite and install FFDShow instead, Kernel.

If that doesn't work, try Media Player Classic-Home Cinema.

Reaction score
I use Windows7 codec pack (like the vista codec pack at shark007.net) and I swear by it, the latest edition gives very easy control. You will not need any other software this way. If you use x64 setup than grab the x64 components as well.

Reaction score
I use Windows7 codec pack (like the vista codec pack at shark007.net) and I swear by it, the latest edition gives very easy control. You will not need any other software this way. If you use x64 setup than grab the x64 components as well.
I was using teh Vista codec pack x86 iinstall until something didn't play.
So i switched back to the latest K-Lite mega codec pack.

Thrax;; K-Lite incorporates FFDShow mmmk?

Reaction score
K-Lite also incorporates a lot of completely useless codecs that conflict with FFDshow.

Reaction score
I'd sure like you to name them, as you only get the option to install one decoder per standard.

If you've only got one decoder per compression standard i fail to see how any of them are useless.

Ask a Question