Memory access speed

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Multimedia PC MEDION® AKOYA® E4355 D with a Intel® Core® i3-530 Processor and 3 GB DDR3 SDRAM. It came pre-installed with Windows 7 Premium 32 bit. Within the Help and Support Section I ran the Performance speed check. The Memory access test had a relative speed of 5.3 I believe.

As I was starting from scratch with this PC, which I hope will last me for years, I decided to Clone the pre-installed set up to another drive and Install Window 7 64 bit with the Medion OEM 64 bit CD provided. After install I loaded the 64bit drivers (also provided by Medion) and went to run the Performance speed check. It appeared to have already run by itself this time. All checks had the same relative speed values except for Memory Access Speed which had dropped to 4.7, bringing the overall permformance figure down.

Can anyone explain this drop? I could not see how to re-run the check again to confirm this figure.

Michael

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Michael and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

and Install Window 7 64
Yes, Windows 7 64-bit will run better with 4+GB of RAM, 32-bit can only use up to 3GB Ram.

Ask a Question