SOLVED Lost Restore Points

Reaction score
Over the last week or so I installed a couple of programs to do some photo editing so I can try them out and pick the one the suits me best. Before each installation I created a restore point plus a couple of safety restore points for insurance. Now that I have blown one paint program away by doing an uninstall, I wanted to be safe and go back via the restore point. I have NONE, at the very least I should have the last 3 or four, but I got zip. Has anyone had a similar experience and how can I recover my restore points???? Any help?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the restore points are gone I do not know of a way to recover them.

Do you have ample harddrive space?

The amount of space set aside for restore points may be allocated too small.
Type Restore Point into the start search and select create a restore point. Click the Configure button and move the slider to something appropriate - I have mine set to 39GB which is 10% on my system drive.

Reaction score
Hi TrainableMan,
I'm at work at this moment and having a cup of coffee, I can't remember what percentage setting I have, but I will check on it when I get home tonight. I have a 500 Gb W/D main drive and a 320Gb drive to hold a backup of my data, so I have enough space I think. I am just anoyed that for a change I have done the right thing with making restore points and still lost them. Probably done something else dumb to loose them. Thanks again, will carry on and do some more bumb things.:D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
For small drives the percentage need to be higher. Based on what I am seeing you need about 2GB per restore point - I have 17 in my 39GB.

Reaction score
Is it therefor technically possible to have too little space allocated on your HD for restore points and even if you create them, they will not stay due to lack of space. As far as I am aware, windows will automaticaly set a Restore Point (if it does) or (you do) any updates or install a program, is that correct?
So logically (as Mr. Spock would say) if there is insufficient room, no Restore Points would show after a restart? Lunch is over, got to go back to work and I will check my system settings tonite when I get home. .

Ask a Question