Losing print capability

Reaction score
Laptop Win 7 3G Ram, duo core 1.86P..,.when I do a disk cleanup, run Super anti spyware, and do a defrag, I lose contact with my wireless printer and the only way I can get it back is to uninstall and reload the HP printer software. This only started about a week ago?? Any ideas?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Define disk cleanup.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I really don't recommend using the Disk Cleanup utility that ships with Windows. I know many people use it without issues, but some people do experience unexpected data loss due to it, including printer drivers. Deleting unnecessary files and defragging the hard drive are things I personally prefer to use third-party tools for. TuneUp Utilities, Paragon, etc.

If you reinstall the HP drivers after running Disk Cleanup, do the printer drivers stay functioning as normal until the next Cleanup run, or do you have to reinstall them daily or something?

If you insist on using Disk Cleanup, you may want to get your geek on with this article and see if it corresponds with your problem.

Ask a Question