Logging on to IE

Reaction score
I have managed to get Windows seven up and running and generally I am impressed. One problem is it can take me seven or eight tries to get IE to start. It won't autostart, saying there is a problem with the programme. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I start up Windows 7, Outlook autoboots, but IE8 won't, after clicking on it seven or eight times it loads, after that everything is fine. I would rather it would autoboot as I can get straight to work after a cup of coffee.

Reaction score
What steps have you taken to get IE8 to load at startup - Have you added a shortcut to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" in the startup folder

Reaction score
Yes and it still doesn't start. I have just tried getting the file out and putting it in startup and nothing. I think the only thing I can do is remove IE altogether and start again.

Reaction score
Before you go to extremes try restoring IE8 to default settings under
Internet options>Advanced>
"Restore Advanced Settings" or "Default"

Ive had glitches that wouldnt go away until I did so

Reaction score
No luck I'm afraid. I've just backed up so I think I'm going to remove IE8 and see what happens. I will let you know.

Reaction score
Now I've got a problem, it won't let me uninstall without permission from something called "TrustedInstaller".

Reaction score
I know its best to uninstall first but have you tried to reinstall without uninstalling

Reaction score
Just trying, I can't get my installer to run and I can't find a site that will support Windows7

Reaction score
It works fine on my laptop, Brainwave, take programme off of laptop, install it on dektop.

Reaction score
Windows is saying, something is stopping IE8 from running, but it won't tell me what. I am going to have to do a complete reinstall, I didn't want to do that until I got the full commercial version of Windows 7. Anyway I don't have time today. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Windows is saying, something is stopping IE8 from running, but it won't tell me what. I am going to have to do a complete reinstall, I didn't want to do that until I got the full commercial version of Windows 7. Anyway I don't have time today. Any thoughts?

Firefox.

1) Type"firefox beta" into google. The first link will take you to the download page. Firefox 3.5 is on it's last RC candidate before being released generally. I have had zero problems with it. ZERO.

2) Or just get the latest generally available version from the main page.

In any event, quit with IE. It's phail.

Reaction score
Just trying, I can't get my installer to run and I can't find a site that will support Windows7

Uhh I think you installed a fake version of IE.......... that unstaller thingy you mentioned you need I have seen on trojans?

but I will say that W7 is slow on acessing networks my machine takes about 3 taps to get firefox to start and I have to wait till my network is connected or else it voids the request to start that might be your problem.

iif I understand you want your web page to pop up as soon as you hit your desk top liek other programs as in the messenger outlook office software etc etc...?
it take around 15 to 45 seconds for W7 to connect any programs that require internet connection off bat I have had a hard time to get to launch as soon as I hit my desktop from powerup, so I dont knwo if it helps but yea :dontknow:

Reaction score
I have just installed the Firefox release candidate and IE8 works!!! Tempted to uninstall Firefox and see if IE8 still works.

Reaction score
I have just installed the Firefox release candidate and IE8 works!!! Tempted to uninstall Firefox and see if IE8 still works.
I'd recommend just being happy everything is working. And it is always nice to have a backup browser for those times when things don't seem to be working right on the interwebnetz.

But I think what thedrunk said before me here is worth a look. Normally, to uninstall IE you should go to "Programs & Features" in Control Panel, then "Turn Windows Features on or off". Uncheck IE, then it will uninstall for you & reboot your machine. There is no "uninstaller" like other programs have. IF you have an separate uninstaller for IE you probably have a fake version of IE and it should not be trusted.

Reaction score
It all seems to work at the moment, yet to try removing Firefox. I think I will wait for the commercial release of Windows 7.

Reaction score
It all seems to work at the moment, yet to try removing Firefox. I think I will wait for the commercial release of Windows 7.
Ya, good plan. It is still beta software at the moment so no one can expect perfection and you're not going to get support from MS right now, either. Once it's released, it's got official support.

And once it's released, forums like this are going to get flooded with new people. Are you ready, IAN? :eek:

:D

Ask a Question