issues with lenovo t410

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue, but here's my story:

My laptop (LeNovo, T410) is 8 weeks old and does the following:

• Stops responding once a day about ten minutes after I switch it on in the morning and has to be forcibly turned off.
  • Powerpoint and Excel often crash (although I’ve learnt the task manager/set affinity cheat for ppt).
  • Occasionally either a) switches itself off for no known reason, or b) can’t find my profile when its starting windows
  • Keeps slowing/momentarily freezing when I switch between programs
It is running windows 7 and microsoft office 2007. I had service pack 2 for office uninstalled, as that has been known to cause problems. It has 3gb ram, 450gb hard drive. I'm very much open to suggestions as to what I have to fix/install/uninstall whatever it takes to make this new laptop run correctly! thanks!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Since it should still be under warranty I would contact Lenova . Tell them it locks-up after 10 minutes & it switches off by itself (are you sure it isn't just hibernating?) & freezes & gets BSODs. They will blame your hardware drivers so you should make sure your BIOS and drivers are all up-to-date, especially video. The problem could also be your power settings or your ACPI (sleep & hibernation). Try setting power to high performance and change your sleep settings to wait longer or even disable hibernation completely. Also make sure your keyboard and mouse/touchpad are set up to wake the machine from sleep.

You might also look over the last several pages of this thread for other suggestions you might try, such as removing your current anti-virus software, etc.

Last edited:

Ask a Question