internet not working after stand-by

Reaction score
when my computer is in stand-by mode and then it come to normal mode, i can't connect to internet and must restart computer

is there way to fix it?

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Noobiq :ciao:

What type of connection do you have? Cable, DSL, or Dialup
Next question is if you are wireless(WiFi connection to Modem)
We need to know how you are connected before we can tell you how to stay connected

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you are using Wifi, can you go in to the wireless adapter properties in device manager and make sure that all the settings relating to low power or disable in sleep/suspend mode are disabled.

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Noobiq :ciao:

What type of connection do you have? Cable, DSL, or Dialup
Next question is if you are wireless(WiFi connection to Modem)
We need to know how you are connected before we can tell you how to stay connected
i have cabel connection
i have wifi, bud don't use it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you check the network card properties in device manager, click on "power management" and uncheck the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I've seen that cause problems like this before, so it's worth a try.

Reaction score
Can you check the network card properties in device manager, click on "power management" and uncheck the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I've seen that cause problems like this before, so it's worth a try.
Should there also be an option to reconnect when disconnected?

My wireless reconnects after waking up

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Should there also be an option to reconnect when disconnected?

My wireless reconnects after waking up
It should do it automatically, but for some reason it doesn't always work on some network cards. I've seen this happen a few times on some PCs, perhaps due to some slightly incompatible drivers.

Ask a Question